Writing Workshop #32 – Sisterhood, bad habits and all’s well that ends well.Posted by Josie on Jul 26, 2010 in Writing, Writing Prompts | 2 comments
Welcome back to your weekly Writing Workshop! (VERY late up today – hectic day!)
For any newbies (and it’s never to late to join in), here’s how it works: I’m going to give you 5 writing/blogging prompts. Pick one, pick two, or do them all if you’re really keen – it’s up to you. How you respond is your choice. You could share a real-life story, or make one up. You could write a poem or just free-write without thinking too hard and see what happens. It can be funny; it can be serious; it can be emotional. It can be whatever you want it to be. The only rule is to enjoy writing your post and get something out of the process.
Prompts each week take their inspiration from blogs, current affairs, daily life, or just whatever everyone happened to be talking about that week. If you’d like to suggest a prompt for a future workshop then send me an email or catch me on Twitter – I would love to hear your ideas.
And remember! We’re not looking for perfection here! Just have a go! The best way to get better at writing is PRACTISE. All the best writers aren’t afraid to write badly. So turn your inner-critic off for a while and just see what words come out.
Here’s this week’s prompts!
1. Write a post celebrating sisterhood: a friend, a blood-sister, or someone that feels like one.
- Inspired by English Mum’s beautiful post on love, sisterhood and friendship. Go read and take up her pledge.
2. “Why I want a ………..” – fill in the blank!
- Inspired by Two Become Four who was lusting after a new iPhone last week.
3. All’s well that ends well. Tell us about a difficult journey that ended with a positive resolution..
- Inspired by Little Mummy Erica’s moving story of her relationship with her Dad.
4. Tell me your worst habit(s).
- Inspired by Keep Calm and Eat Cake who’s been trying to break some of hers this week.
And finally, the last prompt is just one word. This should allow you a bit more creative freedom if you feel like taking the safety harness that particular week.
- Inspired by Deer Baby’s post Finders Keepers
Now here’s what you have to do. Write your post and publish it on your blog between now and THURSDAY. On Thursday come back and use the widget that will be up to paste in the URL of your post to share. Then take some time to read some of the other entries and leave some comment love! We’re not here to critique – just to have fun and support each other in our writing experiments. So be kind please. Anyone who would like to submit something via email, or even anonymously will be more than welcome to do so. I’ll post them on the site here and include the link in Thursday’s round-up.
Feel free to use the Workshop badge on your blog or as part of your post if you like. Code is here:
Note: I’m told Blogger does something a bit funny with the code so you’ll need to copy and paste it and then retype the quotation marks (“) as Blogger changes them for some reason.
See you Thursday then!
This Writing Workshop is brought to you in association with Mama Kat’s Losin’ It – who’s lovely author came up with the concept and runs her own worksho